A Pukwudgie is a 2-or-3-foot-tall (0.61 or 0.91 m) troll-like being from the Wampanoag folklore. Pukwudgies' features resemble those of a human, but with enlarged nose, fingers and ears. Their skin is described as being grey, smooth and at times has been known to glow.
In Native American lore, Pukwudgies have the following traits and abilities;
- to appear and disappear at will
- to transform into other animals
- they are able to use magic
- they have poison arrows
- they can create fire at will
- Pukwudgies control Tei-Pai-Wankas which are believed to be the souls of Native Americans they have killed.